The Inglewood Community Garden (ICG) conducts Rental Programs in the Autumn and in the Spring.
• The rental fee per bed is $60
• The “volunteer commitment” is 5 hours per bed per season with an option to pay a $75 “remittance fee” in lieu of the required time
• The renter must also agree to both the Rental Terms and Conditions as well as the Liability Waiver
Although both the, Autumn and Spring Rental Programs are conducted by “invitation” — all that is required for a “new gardener” to receive an invitation is to submit an ICG Contact Form indicating that they wish to be included in the program.
If we have beds available we’ll send you an invitation and if we don’t have beds available we’ll let you know directly and add your name to the “last minute waiting list” for that season’s program.
(a) … has not attended an ICG In-person Orientation within 24 months of the current rental program
All New Gardeners must attend an In-person Orientation.Bed Rental Requirements →
Plot Rental Requirements
• Complete and submit the online Plot Rental Form by the deadline specified in the Plot Rental Program
• Make the plot rental fee payment: $60, using Electronic Funds Transfer, by the deadline specified in the Bed Rental Program
• If selected as an option, also make the remittance fee payment: $75, using Electronic Funds Transfer, by the deadline specified in the Plot Rental Program
• Attend an In-person Orientation before planting your plot
Bed Rental Request
Raised Bed Data
There are 118 Raised Beds for rent
• Standard Bed dimensions are 1.22m X 3.66m x 0.36m or 4.46 sq. m (4′ x 12′ x 14.25″ or 5.3 sq. yds.)
12 of these Raised Bed Boxes are taller for easier access
• Dimensions for 5 plots are 0.91m X 3.66m x 0.55m or 3.35 sq. m (3′ x 12′ x 21.75″ or 4 sq. yds.)
• Dimensions for 7 plots are 1.07m X 3.66m x 0.55m or 3.9 sq. m (3’6″ x 12′ x 21.75″ or 4.67 sq. yds.)
… and if those options do not satisfy your need to garden there is 0.18 hectare (0.45 acre) of communal garden that never seems to get enough attention!Volunteer Options →
Standard volunteer commitment: 5 hours per plot per season, recorded in the Volunteer Log Book
Alternative volunteer commitment: pay $75 in lieu of the 5 volunteer hours
The volunteer options are:
Option A: Communal Garden Bed Preparation and/or Planting and/or Tending
• Bed preparation and/or planting and/or tending
• A minimum of 5 hours per plot must be recorded seasonally
• Hours recorded count towards Volunteer Harvest Rewards
Option B: Heritage Volunteering
• You performed a volunteer task for the ICG last year and would like to do the same volunteer work again
• A minimum of 5 hours must be recorded seasonally
• Hours recorded count towards Volunteer Harvest Rewards
Option C: Remittance Payment
• Pay $75 in lieu of performing any volunteer time in the garden
• This remittance should be paid at the same time as your Plot Rental Fee
• The funds received from these remittances will be used for a variety of incidental expenses and to hire day labour as required
Terms & Conditions
To rent a bed in the Inglewood Community Garden the applicant must accept the terms and conditions of both the Rental Agreement and the Liability Waiver contained in the online Rental Form.
The Rental Agreement can be read here:
The Liability Waiver for the ICG can be read here:
The Liability Waiver document outlines both your responsibilities and your acknowledgement of them with regard to the physical well being of your self, your guests and other gardeners.
Please NOTE that everyone gardening or working by themselves in the Inglewood Community Garden must have attended an In-person Orientation Session and agreed to the ICG Liability Waiver whether they are renting a bed or are volunteering.
All New Gardeners and all New Volunteers to the Inglewood Community Garden MUST attend an In-person Orientation session and agree to the Inglewood Community Garden’s Liability Waiver in order to work by themselves in the Garden.
NOTE: all New Gardeners must attend an In-person Orientation session BEFORE they can plant their plot!Scheduled Orientations →
There will be 2 In-person Orientation sessions conducted at the Inglewood Community Garden in the Spring – dates will be emailed to new gardeners and volunteers and posted on our Events Calendar
Orientation sessions will be conducted in small groups. There will be more than one facilitator on hand and as soon as enough gardeners have assembled a session will begin.
Each orientation session should be concluded in less than 30 minutes.
Oops! I missed the scheduled sessions!?
Having gotten this far you should already know that ALL New Gardeners and New Volunteers must attend an “In-person Orientation” before they can work or garden by themselves in the ICG and furthermore that New Gardeners cannot plant their bed until they have attended an In-person Orientation …
So … what to do, in the event of missing the scheduled In-person Orientation sessions?
Theoretically anyone in the garden who has had an orientation session should be able to conduct one, in which case, you could arrange for any Returning Gardener or Returning Volunteer to conduct an In-person Orientation with you.
If you have had an In-person Orientation session aside from those scheduled you must advise us (by email) of who gave the orientation and when it was conducted. Thanks.
We have prepared an Orientation Guide — in outline form — of the orientation session itself — which new volunteers are encouraged to peruse in advance of their own In-person Orientation session, as well as a hard copy which “should” be found in the Tool Shed to be used as an aide in conducting impromptu orientations.
The Orientation Guide is available here: Inglewood Community Garden Orientation Guide
You inform us that you will miss or have missed the scheduled In-person Orientation sessions and we will try to arrange a volunteer to conduct a session during one of our regular Tuesday evening or Saturday morning Work Parties.
For a pre-paid donation of $75 to the Inglewood Community Garden, we will arrange an In-person Orientation — including coffee and donuts — with an ICG Board Member at a time of your choosing during “regular open hours” in the Garden from Monday to Saturday. [Wine and Apéritifs are available upon request at market cost.]