1. Read and abide by these Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct.
2. Pay the specified seasonal rental fee for a raised bed in the Inglewood Community Garden within the specified time frame announced during the seasonal Rental Program.
3. You must attend or already have attended an In-Person Orientation session before gardening by yourself in the Inglewood Community Garden.
4. Complete and submit the Inglewood Community Garden Personal Liability Waver before gardening by yourself in the Inglewood Community Garden.
5. Complete and record, in the Volunteer Log Book, a minimum of 5 hours of community work in support of the Inglewood Community Garden OR pay the annually specified Remittance Fee in lieu of the 5 hours.
6. Have your bed planted by the date specified by ICG administrators for that Gardening Season and cleaned up by end of business on Thanksgiving Day of the annual Gardening Season.
7. Contact Information: Provide your email address, which the ICG may use for routine communication or special notices, your postal code and your telephone number.
7a. Notify the garden’s administrators promptly if your contact information changes.
Code of Conduct
1. Children must be adequately supervised at all times.
2. Disruptive, disrespectful or abusive behaviours are unacceptable.
3. All pets must be kept on a leash at all times, all pet droppings must be removed by the pet’s companion.
4. Use only natural and / or organic fertilizers and remedies; if in doubt contact the garden’s administrators.
5. Harvest only crops grown in your own bed.
6. Maintain your assigned bed during the growing season according to the following guidelines:.
a. Be considerate of neighbouring beds, for example, not blocking sunlight with tall structures or plants.
a1. All structures on or attached to a raised bed are temporary and must be dismantled at the end of the Gardening Season.
a2. No structure on or attached to a raised bed may be higher than 2m (6 feet 6 inches) above the ground level adjacent to the outside of the bed.
b. Keep your bed and the area around your bed free of weeds.
c. Keep the area between your bed and adjacent beds clean of refuse.
d. Maintain the tools and facilities belonging to the Inglewood Community Garden in a responsible manner.
e. IF you are unable to maintain your bed, notify the garden’s administrators in a timely manner.
f. IF your bed does not appear cared for, you will be given notice. IF the conditions causing the notice are not addressed within 48 hours of such notice being emailed the produce in the bed will be harvested and donated to a charitable organization and you may forfeit your gardening privileges.
Failure to comply with any of the above commitments may result in the suspension or loss of your gardening privileges and prevent you from renewing your rental bed.