What the Inglewood Community Garden does – is maintain and rent 119 raised beds and 0.18 hectare [0.44 acre] of Communal Garden of which approximately 501 sq m [599 sq yds] has been planted out and is dedicated to providing produce to local community service organizations and garden volunteers.
The Garden offers gardening opportunities to all Calgarians without constraint based upon neighbourhood of residence, physical ability or financial resources.
The Garden boasts an enthusiastic volunteer cadre who, as well as being eminently practical and knowledgeable gardeners, are socially engaged and actively involved in extending the positive benefits of gardening to our community – through donation, co-operation and education.
The Inglewood Community Garden is located between Piitoayis Family and Colonel Walker Schools and the Parks Calgary greensward adjacent to the Inglewood Community Association grounds.
Hours of operation, until further notice, are:
8:00 AM until 8:00 PM
A Brief History
• Victoria Park Gardens established in Victoria Park circa 1995
• Victoria Park Gardens relocates to Inglewood in 2003
• The Garden Path Society of Calgary (GPS) registered in 2003
• The GPS expands in 2007 and inaugurates a collaboration program named: Cornucopia
• The GPS celebrates the Tenth Anniversary of its presence in Inglewood in 2013
• In recognition of its close ties with the neigbourhood the GPS renames the garden: The Inglewood Community Garden
Officers and Members of the Board 2020
Officers and Members of the Board
Chair Julia Hinman
Vice Chair Vacant
Secretary Carol Flynn
Treasurer David Rountree
Directors and Members of the Board
Communications Mitko Toshev
Digital Services Shawn Diehl
Environmental Design Julian Warring
Events and Education Wendy McClosky
Fundraising and Grants Development Vacant
Infrastructure and Maintenance Humphrey Shupenia
Planting Plan and Communal Garden Angie Schmidt
Fortunately for the Garden, our local community service organizations, the neighbourhood of Inglewood and the city of Calgary at large – our volunteers are too numerous to list here at the moment … but we will! … eventually =:)