What the Inglewood Community Garden does – is maintain and rent 118 raised beds and 0.157 hectare [0.389 acre] of Communal Garden of which approximately 493 sq m [590 sq yds] has been planted out and is dedicated to providing produce to local community service organizations and garden volunteers.
The Garden offers gardening opportunities to all Calgarians without constraint based upon neighbourhood of residence, physical ability or financial resources.
The Garden boasts an enthusiastic volunteer cadre who, as well as being eminently practical and knowledgeable gardeners, are socially engaged and actively involved in extending the positive benefits of gardening to our community – through donation, co-operation and education.
The Inglewood Community Garden is located between Colonel Walker School and the Inglewood Community Association grounds…
Hours of operation during the Gardening Season are:
From one hour before sunrise until one hour after sunset.
A Brief History
• Victoria Park Gardens established in Victoria Park circa 1995
• Victoria Park Gardens relocates to Inglewood in 2003
• The Garden Path Society of Calgary (GPS) registered in 2003
• The GPS expands in 2007 and inaugurates a collaboration program named: Cornucopia
• The GPS celebrates the Tenth Anniversary of its presence in Inglewood in 2013
• In recognition of its close ties with the neigbourhood the GPS renames the garden: The Inglewood Community Garden
Officers and Members of the Board 2020
Chair Julia Hinman
Vice Chair Vacant
Secretary Carol Flynn
Treasurer David Rountree
Members of the Board
Communications Director Mitko Toshev
Digital Services Director Shawn Diehl
Environmental Design Director Julian Warring
Events and Education Director Wendy McClosky
Fundraising and Grants Development Director Vacant
Infrastructure and Maintenance Director Humphrey Shupenia
Planting Plan and Communal Garden Director Angie Schmidt
Volunteer Director Vacant
Fortunately for the Garden, our local community service organizations, the neighbourhood of Inglewood and the city of Calgary at large – our volunteers are too numerous to list here at the moment … but we will! … eventually =:)