Everyone gardening or working by themselves in the Inglewood Community Garden must have attended an In-person Orientation Session and agreed to the ICG Personal Liability Waiver whether they are renting a bed, assisting a gardener who is renting a bed or are volunteering.
There are three practical reasons for the In-person Orientation…
- We give you a proper introduction to the garden and its resources so that you can make the best use of them.
- You are aware of best practices in garden safety, use of tools, and emergency procedures.
- Together we mitigate the insurance exposure to the ICG, the ICG Board of Directors and the Inglewood Community Association.
Your In-person Orientation session will be arranged by email, text message, or telephone call.
- Orientation sessions will be conducted in small groups.
- Orientation sessions will commence promptly.
- Invitees who are late will be requested to attend a subsequent session.
- Each orientation session should conclude in less than 30 minutes.
New volunteers throughout the growing season will be contacted via email, text, or telephone to arrange a mutually suitable date and time for their In-person Orientation.
If you are unavoidably detained, for whatever reason, on the date of your session — please do not turn up late — make alternate arrangements subsequently.
Please click on this link for complete details of renting a bed.