Growing Engagement – an ICG Gardening Contest
It was great to “finally” start the 2021 gardening season on Tuesday, May 11, and see our gardeners so enthusiastic about preparing their beds!
Next step is planting.
With that in mind, and social events currently restricted — for the foreseeable future — we thought it might be fun to have a bit of a gardening competition this year.
Because COVID does not get to win! Love always gets to win… in this case, our love of plants!
Normally our garden would have a couple of BBQ’s throughout the summer. We still hope that at the very, very, very least, we will be able to hold our season end celebration with a BBQ, garlic and honey sale, hops picking, and BEER from one of our “hops partners”.
Our present hope is that this little contest will make us all feel a bit more connected to our gardening colleagues even though our restricted numbers will limit “real interaction” for the near future.
There will be a prize for each category winner and of course bragging rights to your friends and family!
- Open to any gardeners with a bed in the ICG.
- Board members and “acknowledged expert gardeners” are prohibited.
- Entries will be anonymous and only the category winners’ names will be published.
- Most bountiful
- Most colourful
- Most unique plant
- Overall visual appeal
- Best use of space — how much produce can you squeeze out of a raised bed?
- Entries open immediately … BUT …
- Last day to throw your hat into the ring will be — Saturday, July 3.
- Judgement Day — Saturday, July 24.
Please click on this link to make an entry: Growing Engagement