NOTE This text has been superseded as of October 2019 and is provided solely for reference purposes.
The current version of this document can be read by clicking on this link — Plot Rental Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. Pay the specified rental fee for a raised bed plot in the Inglewood Community Garden within the specified time frame.
2. Complete and submit the Inglewood Community Garden Liability Waver before gardening by yourself in the Inglewood Community Garden
3. If you are a “new gardener” (that is, you have not rented a plot previously or attended in In-Person Orientation) you must attend an In-Person Orientation session before gardening by yourself in the Inglewood Community Garden
4. Complete and record, in the Volunteer Log Book, a minimum of 5 hours of community work in support of the Inglewood Community Garden or pay the annually specified Remittance Fee in lieu of the 5 hours
5. Have your plot planted by June 10 and cleaned up by October 10 of the annual Gardening Season
6. Provide an active email address, telephone number and postal mailing address and notify the garden’s administrators promptly if any of your contact information changes
7. Read and abide by these Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
1. Children must be adequately supervised at all times
2. Disruptive, disrespectful or abusive behaviours are unacceptable
3. All pets must be kept on a leash at all times, all pet droppings must be removed by the pet’s companion
4. Use only natural and / or organic fertilizers and remedies; if in doubt contact the garden’s administrators
5. Harvest only crops grown in your own plot
6. Maintain your assigned plot during the growing season according to the following guidelines:
a. Be considerate of neighbouring plots, for example, not blocking sunlight with tall structures or plants
b. Keep plot and the area around the plot free of weeds
c. Keep area between your plot and adjacent plots clean of refuse
d. Maintain the tools and facilities belonging to the Inglewood Community Garden in a responsible manner
e. If you are unable to maintain your plot, notify the garden’s administrators in a timely manner
f. If your plot does not appear cared for, you will be given notice. If the conditions causing the notice are not addressed forthwith the produce in the plot will be harvested and donated to a charitable organization and you will forfeit your gardening privileges
Failure to comply with any of the above commitments may result in suspension of your gardening privileges and prevent you from renewing your rental plot next year.