Rental Garden — Water Useage
The underground water piping system for the Inglewood Community Garden was installed by the City of Calgary Parks Department … a generous act for which we will be grateful so long as there is a garden to water!
“Thank you” — City of Calgary Parks Department!
- BE CAREFUL! — Due to the size of the (underground) supply piping volumetric water flow in the Garden is very high!
- Always hold and point the hose nozzle away from yourself and others when turning the water on.
- Always turn on the water s_l_o_w_l_y.
- Once you are finished watering please drain water from the hose, roll the hose up, close the nozzle, and store it.
- When you have finished using a hose…
- Drain water from it…
- Return it to the water stand and turn the nozzle OFF, unless…
- … another gardener asks to use the hose after you are finished, in which case it will be up to them to replace the hose.
TIP – to make it easier to roll up a hose:
- Leave the nozzle OPEN a trickle
- Turn off the water at the tap
- Now, as you pull the hose toward the water stand, it will become emptier, more flexible and easier to handle
- REMEMBER to turn the nozzle OFF once you have replaced the hose
- Water stands in the Rental Garden may appear more “complicated” than they actually are!
- For a detailed discussion of all the water stands in the Rental Garden, please click on the fallowing link:
- Rental Garden — Water Stands